Our vendor and supplier mapping project illustrates the biopharmaceutical industry's investment in our state economies and in the health of the patients we serve.
CT at a Glance
Connecticut has been a leader in the area of biopharmaceutical and medical research for decades. The unique combination of its universities, hospitals and lab facilities has provided an environment where new discoveries in biotech and bioscience can thrive. Building upon its existing foundation, Connecticut is looking towards new horizons as it expands its efforts through new investments in the future of the bioscience industry.
America’s biopharmaceutical research companies are investigating or developing 93 medicines to help the more than five million patients in the United States who are living with Alzheimer’s. The medicines in development – all in either clinical trials or under review by the Food and Drug Administration – include 81 for Alzheimer’s, 11 for cognition disorders and 2 for dementias, according to a new report released by the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA).
Alzheimer’s is one of the most complex diseases researchers have ever studied. There are many reasons Alzheimer’s research is so challenging. To start, the brain is the most complex and inaccessible organ in the body and the disease is correspondingly complicated. However, as our understanding of the disease grows so does our ability to find new potential treatment approaches and, ultimately, effective new medicines.
- 2,814 vendor relationships
- $774,101,584 vendor spending
- RT @ONC_HealthIT: Blog Post: The #PrecisionMedicine Era is Dawning. Read: https://t.co/09A2ezTnSi #PMI #JoinAllofUs #PMINetwork @NIH @HHSO…
2 days ago
- RT @GatewayNewHaven: Want to meet employers looking to hire for the fastest growing job market in Connecticut - the Bioscience... https://t…
2 days ago
- RT @womensmarchct: We know that standing for science also means standing for medical cures and life-changing treatments. #ScienceMarch #Mar…
2 days ago
ACT is a statewide coalition of organizations that provide services to people living with HIV/AIDS in Connecticut.Learn More
Environmental, Health & Safety Solutions for Demanding OrganizationsLearn More