We Work For Health is a grassroots initiative that shows how biopharmaceutical research and medical innovation work together to create a strong, vibrant economy and a healthier America. We unite biopharmaceutical companies with business and community partners to raise awareness about the vital role we all play in delivering life-saving and life-enhancing advancements in medicine, while educating elected leaders on the impact that public policies have on our ability to continue to innovate.
We connect the people who work for health every day – from biopharmaceutical company employees and industry vendors and suppliers to academic and research institutions and health advocacy groups – so that together we may:
- Foster an environment for increased economic development and serve as a positive economic driver;
- Lead in the research and development of new cures, which make a difference in the quality of life for millions of Americans;
- Invest effectively in our communities, our patients, our employees and our business and community partners;
- Promote everyone’s access to products and services that can improve their health and quality of life; and
- Participate in community service efforts that demonstrate good corporate citizenship and contribute to an increased quality of life in our communities.
To build support for our mission to advance medical innovation, we currently maintain coalitions in 14 states. We invite you to take a look to see what is happening right now where you live: